New high tech printing machine is being installed in PECHATNYA printing house
A number of characteristics were taken into account when buying a new machine: high automation, productivity, speed, availability of technology for measurement and control. Since the printing house is constantly investing in quality, building up the production system in such a way that there is a minimum waste due to unique systems and machines, the German equipment has been chosen again.
Rapida 106-6-LTTL (universal) is the second printing machine in "PECHATNYA", the previously acquired one was Rapida 106-8. It features unique performance and was assembled by German specialists following the specific wishes of the printing house with an emphasis on multi-step modern quality control options.
The major ones were:
- quality control of each sheet;
- automatic measurement of colour densities and colour management; the results of all measurements are displayed through the portal to the intelligent control panel;
- saving and displaying frames with errors and other useful options.
All operations are carried out under the camera-control, being able to check the correspondence to the subscribed sheet at the speed up to 18 000 sheets/hour.
At present, Rapida 106-6 is being installed in the printing house, then step-by-step adjustment of all control systems will start. Despite the similar principle of work with the previous Rapida printing press, the specialists of the printing house have to undergo a training from the manufacturer - at the KBA plant in Radebeul near Dresden (Germany). The full production shall be started this February.
The extension of "PECHATNYA"'s equipment park is a large-scale project of the company on doubling its production capacities. The project started last autumn. "PECHATNYA" was founded in 2000.The company is constantly upgrading its production facilities and technologies and invests in new projects. In 2017 "PECHATNYA" along with cardboard packaging and instructions started manufacturing self-adhesive labels and offered a new service – laminate tube printing.
Today the company's production facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from leading European manufacturers featuring automatic quality control systems (KBA, BOBST, Giets, Heidelberg): 7 printing machines, 6 cutting presses, 8 folding-gluing lines and 2 presses for foil stamping.
New Rapida 106-6 printing features:
- maximum sheet size: 740 x 1.060 mm
- maximum printing format: 730 x 1.050 mm
- thickness of the printed matter: up to 450 g/m2
- maximum production capacities: up to 18 000 sheets/hour
- high UV gloss due to the coating on a dry surface
- capability to coat simultaneously with 2 UV varnish INLINE;
- operation on non-absorbent surfaces (kraft, plastic sheet, metallized cartoon);
- UV-ink printing both in all sections and optionally in conjunction with offset inks without shaft moving;
- no erase on FAS-side of UV inks;
- quality control with QUALITRONIC PROFESSIONAL.